Right now I'm reading Summer of th Monkeys, I'm not finished yet but it is so hilarious. Wilson Rawls is the best writer ever! I want to read all of his books. Summer of the Monkeys I think is just as good as Where the Red Fern Grows, besides the last chapter. The last chapter is so sad, whenever I look at the cover I want to cry. With Daisy's crumpled leg, it must of been hard for her to get around. It's really sad that they would have to pay a lot of money to fix it, it was really nice of his grandpa to get them a place to stay in the mountains.
I think one of the funny parts are when Daisy tells Jay Berry that there is a man of the mountains and he'll give you bad luck. Want to know what that reminded me of, Santa Claus coming and you were being naughty and he gave you cole. It's a nice joke especially because it's close to Christmas. I can't believe it 6 more days till' Christmas it's unbelievable! I think another funny part in the book is when Jimbo gets Jay Berry and Rowdy drunk, thats really funny, who would take sour mash and drink it to be a friend? Its's just weird, I guess I can't blame him because he didn't know it could get him drunk.
Right now I'm on chapter 13 so I've past halve way, there's 20 chapter in the book so I have 7 left to go. To those people who haven't had a chance to read it find one along with Where the Red Fern Grows.